St Peter's Western Swimming (SPW) Club are seeking an enthusiastic Strength & Conditioning Intern (unpaid) to work with their junior swimmers.
SPW provides a world's class training environment and support for elite swimmers and coaches, as they push for international podium success at the World Championships in Budapest, the Olympics in Tokyo 2020 and beyond.
Recent success includes 7 SPW swimmers in the 31 swimmer-squad on the Australian team for the 2017 World Championships in Budapest.
- Athletes: SPW swimmers aged 10-12 performing land based training.
- Commitment: Term 4 2018 (Oct 8 – Nov 30) & Term 1 2019 (Jan 29 – April 5).
- Weekly sessions: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 3.30-4.30pm.
- Location: St Peters Lutheran College, Indooroopilly.
- Additional experience offered: gym-based sessions across all ages including national-level swimmers.
Please note: this is a voluntary position with potential for paid work to follow.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Strong desire to work in High Performance.
- Enrolled at University in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, or similar.
- Have, or about to enrol in, ASCA Level 1.
Swimming experience preferred but not required.
Key Working Relationships
- SPW Swimming Coaches
- Strength & Conditioning Coaches
Outcomes of the Internship
- You will have an intimate understanding of swimming-specific strength & conditioning.
- You will be able to run effect warm ups, cool downs and appropriate athletic development sessions for junior athletes.
- You will gain experience in monitoring and tracking performance and training.
- You will be able to regress and progress exercises and sessions based on the athlete's abilities.
- You will have access to observe (and help if you desire) National-level swimmers train in the pool and on land.
- You will be mentored by Trent Hacking (St Peter's Head of Strength & Conditioning, ASCA Level 2), Emma Holding (ASCA Level 1) and Grant Jenkins (Swimming Queensland Athletic Development Coordinator, ASCA Level 3 & Master Coach).
- You be able to access the Swimming Queensland professional development program at no cost.
Applications close 12pm Wednesday, October 3rd.
Send an email with your CV asap if you're interested in the position or require further information.
*We promise we won't spam you.
Some articles you'll definitely find helpful: