Propel is offering up to three opportunities to enthusiastic Strength & Conditioning Interns (unpaid) dedicated to improving their ability to make a difference in the profession.
Propel includes PropelPerform and PropelFit PTY Ltd.
At Propel we believe that experience only counts when 1) you make the decision and 2) you're exposed to the consequences.
With this in mind we aim to give our interns as many opportunities to gain experience, preparing them for the real world.
Many of our former & current interns earn ten to twenty paid hours of industry-specific work per week before they graduate.
- Duration: 12 Months (beginning around December 1, 2018)
- Commitment: Minimum 12 hours per week.
- Typical session times: 5:30am - 10am and 3pm to 6pm.
- Location: PropelPerform, Ashgrove Sports Grounds, Yoku Road, Brisbane.
Please note: this is a voluntary position with potential for paid work to follow.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Strong desire to work in High Performance.
- Enrolled at University in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, or similar.
- Have, or intend to enrol in, ASCA Level 1.
Key Working Relationships
Outcomes of the Internship
- You will have an intimate understanding of strength & conditioning for elite, development, male, female, professional and amateur Athletes.
- You will be able to run effective warm ups, cool downs, recovery and appropriate athletic development sessions for sports such as football (all codes), BMX, MTB, squash, tennis, netball, hockey and motoX.
- You will gain experience in monitoring, tracking performance and training.
- You will be able to regress and progress exercises and sessions based on the athlete's abilities and readiness levels.
- You will have access to work with the state and national sporting organisations that contract Propel.
- You will receive career guidance and have a plan for professional development.
- You will be mentored by Grant Jenkins (AEP, ASCA Level 3 & Master Coach) and other Propel Coaches.
- You be able to access the Swimming Queensland professional development program at no cost.
- You will be introduced to the Propel Network
Applications close 12pm Monday, November 26th.
Send an email with your CV asap if you're interested in the position or require further information.
*We promise we won't spam you.
Some articles you'll definitely find helpful: