Nicknamed the ‘Athlete Whisperer’ on ABC Radio (612), the first decade of Grant’s career was primarily focused on developing athletes in the football codes (Aussie Rules, rugby union and rugby league), an off-the-cuff decision to accept the Physical Performance Coach position at the Tennis Australia National Academy initiated a passion to work with athletes in individual, ‘action’ and skill-dominant sports.
Although he still trains some athletes in the ‘elite’ domain, he mainly helps guide developmental athletes in sports as diverse as BMX, MotorCross, Mountain biking, Tennis, Rugby, Cricket, Netball and Triathlon.
Grant currently presents, consults, writes, advises or guides the following:
- Swimming Queensland
- BMX Queensland
- Skate Australia
- Motorcycling Queensland
- Australian Strength & Conditioning Association
- Nudgee College Rowing program
You can often hear him on the ABC Radio (612) giving insight to the world of high performance.
Since moving into his own facility, Grant also sees private clients looking at improving their lives through increases in physical fitness or decreasing body fat.
SOME CAREER COACHING HIGHLIGHTS:
- 2 Athletes selected as Queensland State Junior Sports Stars of the Year;
- a Wimbledon Junior Champion;
- State Powerlifting Champion;
- multiple age-group BMX World Champions;
- multiple Elite female BMX National finalists;
- Australian representatives at World Championships in Squash, MTB & BMX
- age-group Triathlon World Champion;
- over 20 National Tennis Champions.
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) with Sport Science & Rehabilitation
- Level 3 Strength & Conditioning Coach (Australian Strength & Conditioning Association)
- ASCA Master Coach*
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist (Exercise & Sport Science Association)
- Accredited Sport Scientist (Exercise & Sport Science Association)
- Sports Power Coach (Australian Weightlifting Federation)
- Sprints Coach (Australian Track & Field Coaches Association)
*See the exclusive list here.
Follow Grant on Twitter: @Grant_Jenkins.
- Dear Former Athlete
- For Athletes Only
- 11 Ways to Improve Your Coaching
- Defending Gen Y
- Questioning Coaching Heuristics
- The Silent Evidence
- Crossfit – What we’re missing