Nicknamed the ‘Athlete Whisperer’ on ABC Radio, Grant is internationally recognised as a coach who gets results.
He has recently received the distinguished recognition of being awarded ‘Master Coach’ by the Australian Strength & Conditioning Association.
Although he still trains athletes in the ‘elite’ domain, he also helps guide developmental athletes in sports as diverse as BMX, MotorCross, Mountain biking, Tennis, Rugby, Cricket, Netball and Triathlon.
Grant currently presents, consults, writes, advises or guides the following:
- Swimming Queensland
- BMX Queensland
- Skate Australia
- Motorcycling Queensland
- Australian Strength & Conditioning Association
- Nudgee College
Grant has been featured on ESPN and you can often hear him on the ABC Radio giving insight to the world of high performance.
For a full list of presentations and media click here.
Since moving into his own facility, Grant also sees private clients & athletes looking at improving their lives through increases in physical fitness or decreasing body fat.
SOME CAREER COACHING HIGHLIGHTS:
- prepared tennis players for all 4 Grand Slams
- travelled on the WTA & ATP tours
- 2 Athletes selected as Queensland State Junior Sports Stars of the Year;
- a Wimbledon Junior Champion;
- State Powerlifting Champion;
- multiple age-group BMX World Champions;
- multiple Elite female BMX National finalists;
- Australian representatives at World Championships in Squash, MTB & BMX
- age-group Triathlon World Champion;
- over 20 National Tennis Champions.
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) with Sport Science & Rehabilitation
- Level 3 Strength & Conditioning Coach (Australian Strength & Conditioning Association)
- ASCA Master Coach*
- Accredited Exercise Physiologist (Exercise & Sport Science Association)
- Accredited Sport Scientist (Exercise & Sport Science Association)
- Sports Power Coach (Australian Weightlifting Federation)
- Sprints Coach (Australian Track & Field Coaches Association)
*See the exclusive list here.
Follow Grant on Twitter: @Grant_Jenkins.
- Dear Former Athlete
- For Athletes Only
- 11 Ways to Improve Your Coaching
- Defending Gen Y
- Questioning Coaching Heuristics
- The Silent Evidence
- Crossfit – What we’re missing