This post is aimed at those who attended the parent workshops at the Inter-Regional Clinics hosted by Swimming Queensland.
Below are links, resources, websites and books that will give you more information on some of the topics we covered in the ‘Beyond Resilience‘ workshops.
Please note, this post caters for all 9 clinics implying:
- some of the information I post here might not have come up in the clinic you attended;
- it might be worth checking back to see what additions might be useful for you, your child and/or their Coach.
- Authored by Nassim Nicholas Taleb.
- For further reading here is the book:
- Once you understand the concept click here to see how it might apply to sports, coaching and training.
SYSTEMS V GOALS
- by Scott Adams (Dilbert cartoonist)
- Blog post on Systems v Goals
- Here is Adams’ book (a great read!):
GYM (STRENGTH) TRAINING
- What to look for when choosing a Strength & Conditioning Coach?
- 3 Common Myths BUSTED
- The Earn the Right Principle
- Cozi – The family planning app
- How much training should my child be doing?
- Dos and Don’t for Parents
- Tips for Choosing a Coach
- Why Junior Results Don’t Matter
- Mince & veggies
- Eggs (multiple ways, including omelettes)
- Stir fry
If there is anything I’ve left out, or you’d like to chat some more please do not hesitate to contact me here.
PS Have you heard about our Holiday Camps for kids?