The Propel team (PropelPerform and PropelFit) are open to receive applications for 2018 Intern positions.
Propel offer training to elite & developmental Athletes, orthopaedic rehabilitation and have programs for the general population including boot camps, SportsCore, HIIT Express and personalised training.
We believe one must practice coaching to improve coaching ability.
We therefore strive to create as many coaching opportunities in a variety of contexts to the whole spectrum of clients, athletes and patients as we possibly can.
- Proactive – especially with regards to learning and helping others.
- Empathetic – being able to identify with, and understand, others.
- Critical thinking – not looking for disciples.
- Current university student.
“Grant’s mentorship has pushed me from simply being a trainer to now a coach! His guidance teaches you how to question, how to seek knowledge, how to interact with clients, how to network and much more. To this day I still contact Grant for advice.”
Harrison Westbrook, Director of Strength & Conditioning at St Joseph’s Nudgee College
- A strong drive to be a Coach specifically.
- Interest in training themselves.
This is a year-long internship with a minimum of 15 hours of coaching time per week.
In addition to the face-to-face coaching hours there will also be on-site professional development opportunities with other professional coaches (typically 90 minutes per fortnight) and visits to other centres, sports teams and physiotherapy practices.
“I had the privilege of Grant mentoring me for 5 years and to this day I still enjoy regularly interacting with him and learning from him. He is an exceptional educator, balancing teachable moments with a long enough leash for you to gain the required experience. I’m forever indebted to him.”
Dr David Lipman, Private Coach
- These are unpaid positions.
- Hands-on, real-world experience, making decisions and applying knowledge.
- A pathway to progress to paid work.
- Professional development, internally and externally.
- Professional introductions to potential future employers and decision-makers.
- Free access to our Junior Sport Science Symposium.
- Applications Close: COB Friday, November 3rd.
- Interviews: Week of November 6th.
- Commencement date: From Monday, November 25th.
Further Information & Applications